Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: City Girls (from the 305!)

Saturday, May 28, 2022

City Girls (from the 305!)


Hey Hotties~

     Let's hop into my first "eventful" day in Miami.  Day 2 held a few Sweet Heat events, so we were pretty excited.  We took a few pit stops within Little Havana before getting ready for the day's events.


     Last time I was in Florida, I bought this tie-dye set and finally got to wear it.  I found a matching hat in the airport too!

Still my favorite quote (¬‿¬ )

*side note*
     And I did these all by myself with my new polygel kit!  It's my first attempt and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!
     Sarah spotted a smoke shop she wanted to peruse; I'm not a smoker but I am however a sucker for the perfect photo-op.  I saw this painting on the building and suggested we take pics by it.  We popped into another store and I bought yet another hat 
。゚(TヮT)゚。.  But hey, it fits into my 2000s boom.


     We ran through errands pretty quickly because next thing on our list was brunch!  But first, we much look brunch-ready~

rundown 

skirt set - Blanco
shoes - Aliexpress
purse -

     Again, I didn't accomplish any gal looks this trip.  :/  BUT!  I got to wear a pair of my newest lashes from Bomb Extensions.  I'm wearing the middle pair, "Maya".

     Sarah recommended we dine at Tap42.  From just the outside I can tell it's a very lively place!  Music and laughter filled the area and I could not wait to try their food!


     We were interested in the bottomless brunch menu, but didn't realize it was a weekend only deal.  (but no worries we came back the very next day~ lol)

I got the Peachy Lychee~

* Oh so very happy Amiman

     👀 I see you looking~  I've never been a fan of the idea behind chicken and waffles, but I gave it a go.  The meal comes with syrup, cinnamon sweet cream, and ketchup for my sweet potato fries.  It was deeeelicious~

     Loved this place, I'm definitely vising them more in the future!
     A quick change for Sarah, and we were off to our first Sweet Heat event!  "Fresh Air" was held at club Brick.  Lots of girlies dancing and drinking, some people put on quite the show!  It was pretty hot so I got a frozé~  But you know what really got my attention?  The restaurant next door 🙃.  Now before you judge me, some hours had passed since brunch so I got hungry again (lol).  Does anybody else feel they live on a timer?  Every 4 hours my body is on "E" and I need to refuel!

(ignore the bag lol yes this was taken afterwards)

     Any who~  I let Sarah mingle with the singles while I explored next door.  The staff was so sweet!  And the food . . . *chef's kiss* ( ̄З ̄).


     Sarah joined me halfway through my meal for a cocktail.  And just as we were wrapping things up, a waitress approached us with shots.  We both were confused and I tried to tell her we didn't order these but apparently someone treated us!  I thought this only happened on tv, like who are we?  Never figured out who sent these either (lol).


     We decided to relax in our air-bnb before getting ready for the big night event.  I filmed a grwm tiktok which was lots of fun.  The event was called "Sweetnik", a party stylized after Atlanta's "Freaknik".  Freaknik (freaky + picnic) was known to be a wild event for HBCU students during the 90s.  The annual festival apparently started in the 80s but gained popularity in the 90s.  Like any festival there's music, food and dancing, but Atlanta students took things to a new level of wild & sexy.  Freaknik became Atlanta's most infamous street party and in 1999, actions by the police and elected officials caused celebration of Freaknik to cease [am].


     In recent years Freaknik has become a topic of interest.  Lots of teens and young adults are reviving 90's Black fashion and vibe for themed parties; including the one we were attending that night.  While I was excited to piece my outfit together, I was even more eager to see everyone else!

 rundown 

top - Amazon
shorts - handmade by me~
shoes - Fila
purse -
     I turned thrifted mom-jeans into these~  I distressed and painted them on my own too!  It was my first try at fabric spray paint and spray glitter . . . and I think my last (lol).

     You know the vibes~  I thought for sure with my upcycled shorts I nailed this look (and I mean I did), but the girls at this party did not disappoint!  We saw some wild outfits and even naughtier behavior (*/▽\*).  


     The party itself was lots of fun.  Sarah and I danced the night away~  We called it quits after 1am though.  It was hard to get any drinks with the swamped bar and soon our social batteries were exhausted. ← us fleeing the party


     Us gorgeous, gorgeous girls must get our beauty sleep~  Especially with day 3 ahead of us!  So stay tuned in for the next post~  Thank you for reading!!

xoxo, Amiman ♥

2 comments:

  1. Now this is how you party when you go to Miami XD Absolutely living for your photos and looks. Those nails and shorts are abso perf!!! I never would have thought these were your first time doing each. It's so 90s and I love it!!!!!
    Now you're really making me wanna try chicken and waffles. I was wondering about the obsession recently too XD But that does look good.
    Also I would love to see a post showing the process of doing your nails or clothing like the shorts. Really interested!!!!
    Can't wait for the next post!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo you might have brought my youtube channel back from the dead! lol I've gotta get a good set up where I can have everything nail related plugged up as well as the filming material (lights, nail lamp, electric drill). But I'd love to try filming! And I'm always thinking of clothing diy projects so I'll definitely try filming something like that! (puts that on my to do list)

      You should try chicken and waffles (mmm, maybe save that for when you come visit me in the south xD).

      And girlie.... idk if my soul can take this kind of partying again xD but I don't regret it at all it was super fun!
      - Amiman♥

      Delete