Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: 10 Weeks of Gyaru Blogging: Then & Now🌺

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

10 Weeks of Gyaru Blogging: Then & Now🌺

Hello Cuties~

     Work has been keeping me . . . (drained) preoccupied I'll just leave it at that.  Somehow I read the topics out of order so I was preparing for week 9 instead.  BUT this one was pretty easy to arrange.  Today's theme is "Then and Now".

Time for a Blast from the Past!

then :


     I wanted to find looks that I felt were cohesive.  In the beginning of my Gal journey I wan't very good at my makeup so I didn't focus on it as much as my coordinates.  Therefore many times I would skip it; I'll admit to that.  So I felt these were pretty good examples of my Gal image from 2012 to 2014.


     Again creating outfits was definitely my strong suit back in the day.  However I tried my best with makeup.  Circle lenses and lashes were still LIFE to me, but I always struggled to get my makeup to stand out.  And I didn't really get the hang of contouring until last year.


now :


     I still take great joy in creating super fun and cute outfits!  But I feel the same with creating makeup looks now.  I mastered false lashes and circle lenses are still life but quarantine / covid has prevented me from replenishing my stock (lol).


     I probably have about three pairs of the Secret Candy Magic hazel lenses left. (╯︵╰,)  So I've been holding out on using them and tried my hand at lens-less makeup looks.  I was surprised at how much I like it.  (But the moment I can buy more contacts I will lmao!)



     Sometimes it's hard to look back at your old self (oh the cringe of it all).  But then again it's nice to see the improvement.  While I did get a bit better, I believe there's always room for more improvement.  I can't wait to look back on these pictures and say : "I knew I could do it!"

~ Love you x Amiman ~

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. But I have to say, even back then you were still amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (っ˘ω˘ς ) *sniffles* you're too kind~~ It was really funny to look back at my old pics to choose for this post xD major throwback
      - Amiman♥

      Delete