Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Eyo, Gyaru Check~ | [2022 Makeup Progress]

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Eyo, Gyaru Check~ | [2022 Makeup Progress]


Hello Cuties~

     We're in week two of January and I thought, why not create a 2022 makeup progress chart!  If you're not familiar, Lizzie created the "Gyaru Improvement" template; you can find them on her blog.  It wasn't until August that I realized I had successfully done one Gyaru look for each month of the year.  Some months I accomplished even more than one look!  I'm very proud of what I did last year, and I'd love to share it with you all.


     Firstly, thank you Lizzie for creating this template!  I've participated before, but I don't usually have enough looks to fill the entire chart.  This time I had choices.  AND I received very beneficial tips on my makeup that year.  You guys really helped me mold, what will be, my signature look!  It even works for lash-less days.  Like I cannot thank the Gal community enough.  (o´∀`o)♡

     I think the last time I did this yearly wrap-up, I talked about my feelings on each look and what I visibly saw change.  So we'll do the same today.  Let's go!



     This was my birthday look last year!  I remember I was testing out a few new makeup products at the time.  I think Tatcha's liquid silk primer, rice cleanser and moisturizer.  And Urban Decay's all nighter setting spray!  I recall feeling overjoyed with the way my makeup turned out.  Looking at it now my nose contour could be better, but I do like my eyebrows.  My favorite part is my eyes~  And yet I didn't manage to take a closeup shot of this makeup (lmao).  So here's a close up of makeup I did earlier that month.


     The same eyelashes and lenses are used here.  But somehow this looks a little different.  I think for my birthday look, the eyeliner is more present; darker and thicker.  It appears that I lined more of my waterline with black liner.  The inner corner point is better in the first picture too.  


     Eh, this wasn't my best work.  I probably rushed this makeup look.  To me, this lacks structure.  The lenses save this look (lol).  Had I only exaggerated the lower lash line / droop, it would look SO much better.  This also could use a shimmer shade in the inner corner of the eyes.


     The birth of Popstar Ami 💗.  Crazy that I was apprehensive about this makeup at the time.  Bullied myself into doing a colorful eye, but so happy I did it.  What's more 2000s than blue and purple eyeshadow? (lol)


     A droopy eyeline would have set this look off!  But it's ok, this was a pretty good makeup day.  At this point I was more inclined to do downward or "puppy" liner.  Definitely put me in the right direction 👍🏾.


     My four year anniversary with my boyfriend. (μ‿μ) ❤  I took advice from my girl Kieli and referenced a tiktok tutorial from Chris.  Kieli encouraged me to try the same eyeshape from March's look.  I tweaked a few details like the lower lashes, and adding more shimmer & color under the eyes.


     If I could re-do this look, there is one thing I would change.  I would add black eyeliner from the inner corner to meet both, the upper and lower, lashes.  But I can't complain too much about this makeup.  It's still a fave of mine!


     After returning from my Miami trip.  I didn't do any Gal looks during the trip so I felt like I lost my touch.  These were new lashes though so I was pretty stoked about that.  I wanted to see how these lashes would suit Gyaru makeup.  


     An attempt was made (lmao).  I really tried for that deeper / darker eyeliner in the inner corner to connect with the lower lashes.  I'm not sure what eyeliner I used, but it didn't show very well.  


     Rebound time!  I took the previous month personally, so I had to prove myself.  I went all out with this makeup look!  It was my first attempt at the faux piercings like Kuma and I fell in love~  Not a single aspect would I change about this.  I even like my nose contour!


For sure one of my top picks for the year!


     Who's that giiiiirl~ (´♡‿♡`)  For this look, I gave it my all!  I wanted to give off that Black Diamond vibe and I think it was a success.


     The faux piercing makes a return~  While these aren't a great representation (because these pics were taken hours later) I think it still looks good.  I want to say the lower lashes used were from aliexpress.  I was pleased with how pliable they were!  They created the perfect curve here.


     Through sickness and in health . . . I'm still doing Gal!  The month I got covid took so much out of me.  So when I finally had the strength, I did this as a "pick me up".  The more faux piercings, the merrier~  I even got to use my new Juvia's Place lipstick!


     This was also my attempt at an emphasized namida bukuro.  Looooved it!  I still love the turnout!  Also really dig the colors I used here:  burgundy, yellow gold and white gold.  This was the moment the Stila liquid eyeshadows became my go-to for under the eyes.


     My first Goshikku look!  ( ╥ω╥ )  I'm going to cherish the memory of this look for a long time.  I've never felt cooler! 


     From afar, or rather the face as a whole, everything looks good.  Solely focusing on the eye, it could have been better.  I wanted a deep red smoky eye.  The undereye seems to be lacking something, but I'm not sure what.  Maybe more eyeshadow . . . Perhaps I should've used black directly under my eye, to fill in the space between my eye and the bottom lashes.  Then the red would be under the false lashes.

Perhaps like this?


     October must have been busy for me, because all I have to show is my Halloween look.  I wore this to work and took the time to crank out this cool eyemake.


     While the color wasn't exactly what I was going for, I love this look as a whole.  The shape is very nice, it looks balanced to me (top isn't overpowering the bottom and vice versa).  I finally got my undereye eyeliner and lower lashes to work together.  A lot of times I feel my lower lashes completely hide the shape or droop I drew.  In turn it looks like it's lacking eyeliner, like I've just stuck lashes on without any eyeliner to guide it.  (Does that make sense? lol)


     You should already know how I feel about this makeup!  Tens all across the board!!!  Love everything about my makeup here.  My eyebrows look niiiice here.  Eyeshape is to die for!  It's the perfect amount of exaggeration for me.  The lower lashes complement the droop so well.  What else can I say?!


     Oh and let's not forget to give thanks to Stila yet again for this inner corner highlight.  Gorgeous!  I believe this was the first time I filled in my droop with a deep brown, red eyeshadow.  And I just love the effect it gives!  All this time I would leave the space there bare.  But adding the eyeshadow there elevates the eyeshape. 


     Serving Barbie realness!  Never thought I'd wear such a bright lip color, especially in Gyaru.  I got to use a lot of new products for this makeup look.  New eyeshadow palette, new eyebrow product, and new lipstick.


     Same eyeshape as the month before, because I love it so much~  Like if it ain't broke, why fix it?  (However I am tempted to see how this looks without the open eyeliner at the bottom, hmmm . . . ) 。゚( ゚^∀^ ゚)゚。


     What do you guys think about my progression of makeup last year?  I can honestly say I see a difference in my techniques.  I'm more than happy with my makeup now.   When you look at my makeup now I feel it's discernably Gyaru.  I do need to stay persistent, but I also have to realize that journeys have their ups and downs.  Sometimes I might feel like I've regressed and that's ok.  Just got to keep at it if it's something I'm passionate about. 

     If you follow me on instagram or facebook, you've already seen the corresponding video of my outfits from 2022.  If you haven't, please check it out!


I'm off to dream-land~  Thank you for reading!


xoxo, Amiman

8 comments:

  1. This was so cool to see! I love how you broke down and analyzed each look, that was really interesting to read 💖 Here's to another year of you serving amazing looks ahead 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a lot to me coming from you („ಡωಡ„)💕 Thank you so much! I was hoping this wasn't too boring of a read lol! And cheers! I want to create amazing looks like you some day 🥂
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  2. This is what we love to see!!!! 2022 was an amazing year for you! Love each new look and it always just keeps leveling up! Can't wait to see what this year will bring! Love you babe!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (つω`。) *eyes brimming with tears* I love you too!!! And thank you so much! I just know we're both bringing the heat this year!! Ψ( `∀)(∀´ )/
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  3. Ah~ you motivated me soooo much with your gorgeous looks!!! Such a natural beauty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .・゚゚・(/ω\)・゚゚・. Can you hear me sobbing from here? Because this is such a sweet comment!!! Thank you sweetheart!
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  4. That was a great reflection and breakdown of your progress! You look lovely. Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post is being received so well!! I really need to stay on my game this year! You guys keep me motivated
      ( ◡‿◡ *)
      - Amiman♥

      Delete