Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: ஜWhat Might Be Dolly Kei! Coord!ஜ

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ஜWhat Might Be Dolly Kei! Coord!ஜ




hamtaro gif photo: hamtaro gif hamtaro-springt-blij.gif

Hi there everyone! Lately I've been really loving Hamtaro gifs. They're just so darn cute don't you think? (((o(*^▽^*)o))) 

Lately I've been dabbling into Dolly Kei a little though the concept still baffles me sometimes. It's sorta similar to Lolita and actually a lot of stuff that you use for Lolita, especially from the Classic and Gothic styles, can be migrated into Dolly Kei. 

The good thing though is that Dolly Kei isn't as rule laden as Lolita. Actually, I think it's all about how creative you can get with your coordinates. Another plus side is that it's much more affordable because you can  find the clothes and accessories used in the style at your local vintage/thrift store and we have a LOT of those in New Orleans. In fact, Grimoire, the leading Japanese store (actually the only store I think) that dabbles in Dolly Kei fashion imports almost all of their stock from the west and European countries.

Dolly Kei is VERY similar to Mori Girl style and for a while I never knew the difference between them. They both had that fairytale/Celtic/follk/ feel to them and I only recently discovered their differences as I was reading the blog of a Dolly Kei girl (I don't remember her name for the life of me so I hope she forgives me (><)...) and she put it this way: "Dolly Kei is what the wicked witch of the fairytale would wear"...or something like that...I don't remember but props to her for helping me to differentiate the two.

SO! WITHOUT FURTHER ADO! HERE ARE SOME PICS FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!







This is my (failed) first attempt at  Dolly Kei. Sorry for the goofy grin on my face, Suki had me laughing so hard while she was taking the pic. It's very simplistic and looks sort of Gothic to me and that was NOT the look I was going for.







Just some pictures of the accessories that I used with this look.


Well that's it for this post. BUH-BYE UNTIL NEXT TIME!

~Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment