Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Coconut Girl 🌺🌴🥥

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Coconut Girl 🌺🌴🥥

Hello Cuties~

     I feel like every recent post of mine has started the same but, I've been waiting for this one . . . (turn it up!) 🗣  Really though, I've had this look in my back pocket since the first day of Summer!  And what better way to ring in the season than a tropical look!

     For lack of better words "Coconut Girl" fashion is very beach friendly.  The aesthetic is everything Summer, hibiscus flowers, surf style.  From what I know the term was coined on Tiktok and you all know that spreads like wildfire.  I've even seen a few moodboards on Tumblr, and the best part is sometimes they incorporate pictures of Gyaru.  


     The second best thing about Coconut Girl is the perceivable message just beyond the trend's aesthetics.   "The Coconut Girl trend highlights a cultural moment where people are daydreaming of a summer that’s carefree and removed from the troubles of our current times (Nylon)."  I love that for us (´◕ ∀ ◕`)ノ~  Let us all just live in our own worlds!



🌺 𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 🌺
dress . . . Rainbow shops
shoes . . . Aliexpress
bag . . . Juicy Couture
accessories . . . Bunny Crafty Dream

     Main difference in my look is that Coconut Girl utilizes pastel colors.  And honestly when I originally created this outfit, the new trend wasn't my only inspiration.  I pulled inspiration from old school Gyaru or Ganguro as well.


     I felt it was the perfect opportunity to wear my jewelry from Bunny Crafty Dream!  Both are still available on the site~ (link)And while I like the Coconut Girl aesthetic, I just love how old school styles like Ganguro and Manba are so rich in color.

     I love the quirky and fun personality, and attitude that usually accompanies old school Gyaru too.

     Bit of a reach, but I wanted to imitate model Gehako's piercings and Banba makeup.  I used rhinestones and lash glue to adhere them!  (I was also inspired by Kuma ♥)

(the Labret is barely visible, but it's there lol)

bonus 
(I know this is Gehako in yamanba, I just prefer banba makeup)
But look, we're both holding our babies~


     What do you all think of this eyeshape?  I rather like it!  



     As usual, you can tell I had a blast with this.  It was also fun to incorporate my natural hair!  I took the opportunity to utilize my wooden hair beads (hint, more of that to come~).  (^_~)  Not even being biased, my favorite part of this look is the jewelry!  Kieli did her thing!  I mean really, she managed to make an entire outfit pop in my head with two pieces.  (⌒▽⌒)  What's your favorite part of this look?

xoxo, Amiman


4 comments:

  1. THE SUMMER BEACH QUEEN HAS ARRIVED!♥
    Omg I am in absolute love with this whole co*de! The clothing! The make! The hair! The 'tude! It's all so perfect! I really love how you coordinated everything together. I am feeling the love and fun from these photos! And thank you so much for buying my stuff!!! ;o;♥ You look absolutely stunning♥ Also that was a great idea for adding rhinestones to add some oldschool bling and making them look like piercings!

    Will you also be sharing this to insta? I would love to repost on my shop insta if you don't mind!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☆⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chu I love you soooo much!!! Thank you for continuing to create lovely pieces! It's true, I had a blast! And omg the rhinestone piercings are definitely making a return~ I will do it forever xD if it's tsuyome / ganguro / banba I'm doing it! lol (ps. LONG LIVE SUMMER)
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  2. That looks so summer!!! The accessories really add such a pop; I love it!
    The makeup is super popping as well. You look great. Enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly beautiful pieces by Kieli~~ And thank you so much!! Now that I know how to make yellow eyeshadows look vibrant, it's my favorite color to use. Sunset colors are just perfect for summertime makeup!

      I hope you enjoy your summer as well (´。• ω •。`) ♡
      -Amiman♥

      Delete