Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Anything For You, Princess ♔

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Anything For You, Princess ♔

Hello Cuties~

     The vibes of this post are going to be all over the place (lol).  For no reason I was feeling nostalgic about Bobby Jack.  Anywho~  August 1st was National Girlfriend Day!  And I (slyly) planned the whole day.


*collective "awww"*

.☘︎ ݁˖𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷❀˖°
dress . . . Liz Lisa
bag . . . Hottopic
shoes . . . Gianni Bini
parasol . . . Angelic Pretty
accessories . . . Forever21, Guess

     Three words, HOT AF!  It has been upper 90's with humidity making things feel like the low 100's.  And when it's this hot, just know . . . the attitude comes out (lol).


     I didn't take any serious makeup pics, so here's a filtered selfie (≖ᴗ≖ ✿).  I kept the eyemakeup really simplistic.  I wore my Baby Baby lenses and Dolly Wink no.17 lashes.  Only brown shades on the eyelid and white shimmer under my eyes.  I pulled out my Twilight palette for this easy look.  Aaand dusted off an old gem from my makeup collection . . . 

     The L.A colors shimmering loose eyeshadow adds a nice pop of eye-catching glitter.  Even though mines is super old and the container is cracked and falling apart, it's still a nice product (lol).

     Now onto more pressing matters, this was my first look using Supergoop's Protec(tint)!  As far as performance goes, I melted a whole lot at first but I was able to salvage my face.   Keeping pressed powder on hand is very helpful with setting and reducing shine.  Plus my fan helped a lot too (lol).  To say I sweated so much this day, my face did not look horrendous by the end of it.

     I wouldn't count this tinted sunscreen out just yet.  Mostly due to user error.  I did have a bit of difficulty making it mesh well with the rest of my makeup routine.  With my Milani cream to powder foundation, I found it best to put my concealer and underneath the foundation for a seamless / natural blend.  So I thought the same would apply to the tinted sunscreen.  Oh how wrong I was.  The tinted sunscreen is to be applied by hand, so when I went to smear it across my face, everything became very muddy.  My concealer moved all over my face with every circular motion, I wanted to cry.  But SOMEHOW after applying a bit more concealer on top and setting with my loose powders, I was able to save my face.  It's a learning curve, but I've got it down now.  Tinted sunscreen first, then concealer and blush.  ( ദ്ദി ˙ᗜ˙ )



     Going into this, I knew Kung Fu Tea had a Girlfriend's Day special (which was pretty cute).  But then I found out our favorite tea place opened a newer location (and the old location is rebranding (¬_¬").  So we ditched KFT for Ding Tea to check out the new spot.

     The décor is cute, but I'm going to miss the other location's constantly changing photo-op wall.  But this downtown spot has a cute wall to take pics too.
Prince is forever patient with me and I'm forever thankful (lol).

     I ordered the Hokkaido milk tea.  It has caramel drizzle and golden boba~ (๑ᵔ⤙ᵔ๑)  Then we walked to our next destination.  The parasol, fan, and drink combo really helped with walking in that heat.  (I told y'all I was sweating all day, right?)  Anyway, onto Gyu-Kaku!  What better way to celebrate Girlfriend's Day, than gazing fondly at your partner as they cook for you~  (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)


     Gyu-Kaku is always a great time!  To end things off my plan was for us to watch movies before dinner.  I kind of failed on this one.  I wanted us to try out a food truck I saw on instagram called Oppa Korean Fried Chicken.  They do popups at different locations and silly me was looking for an actual truck.  But apparently the bar they picked had an indoor kitchen.  So we waited in the car hoping to see SOMETHING for about 40 minutes before we gave up.  (womp wommpp)  Our backup plan was a Thai restaurant we like, so all was well.  By the end of the day I felt very loved and appreciated~  


     I want to surprise Prince with plans for national Boyfriend's Day on October 3rd (hehe)~  Have you ever celebrated these days?  If you're like me and this was your first time hearing about them, would you observe these "holidays" in the future?  It's honestly pretty cute to me.  Sort of like a second Valentine's day.


     I wanted so badly for everything to go perfectly this day.  I'd say we had an 80% success rate.  Apart from the plans, my look was also important to me.  I know Prince has a soft spot for my "cutesy" outfits, and straight hair; so I purposely chose them.  And speaking of such . . . what do you think of the wig?!  Yes, this is one of the wigs I bought during the Prime Day event!  When I got them I could hardly contain myself and tried them on straight out the box.

I'm thinking on looks to do with the wand curl wig~  💭

ℴ𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝑔ℯ𝓉𝓈
     I lost my gold Juicy necklace I got from Forever21 so I got a new one at Macy's.  Also added new Guess jewelry~  
     HOW CUTE IS THIS TOP?!  If it has bling bling, you know I'm all over it.  I cannot wait to wear this.
     Finally finding cute purple pieces!  This is my favorite shade too~  And lastly, the two belly rings I also go during Prime Day.  Come November, my piercing will finally be a year old so I can change the jewelry.


xoxo, your favorite shop-a-holic
Amiman♥

7 comments:

  1. What a cute day! Your outfit is adorable and the wig looks nice!
    I haven't heard of Girlfriend Day before, but we already have 3 lovers' days celebrated here (Western Valentines' Day, Japanese White Day, and Qixi, also known as Chinese Lovers'/Valentine's Day, which was this past weekend!)
    The purple dress looks so beautiful~ Can't wait to see you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love how you referred to it, "lovers' days" (´꒳`)♡ I hadn't heard of Qixi, but I just looked it up and I love how there's a story behind it ₊˚ 𓍢ִ໋🌹. And thank you so much! I hadn't gotten dressed up in a while so it felt nice to do so~ I have an idea for the purple dress *squeals*
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
    2. AHH Can't wait to see your coord idea!!

      Delete
  2. Omggggg you look so cute! Like a Popteen model!!!! <3

    Also I feel you on the heat. I just do concealer where needed and go. I can't wear anything other than that in triple digits XD Though I'm ready with tinted BB cream for when the weather decides to cool down lmao

    I WANT GYU SO BAD! AND THAT BUBBLE TEAAAAAA!!!!

    Love all the stuff you got! Especially that curly wig! I can't wait to see looks with that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* (*ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)ꕤ*.゚ also I REALLY hope the look I'm imagining with the curly wig lives up to my own expectations lol I don't want to even say it incase I do it and it fails xD And aaaaa I want to do Gyu with youuuu! Imagine going to Gyu Kaku with a bunch of gals, the chaos that would ensue!
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  3. "What better way to celebrate Girlfriend's Day, than gazing fondly at your partner as they cook for you~ (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)" I giggled with this one as I pictured you haha.
    yOu LoOk sOosoooOOsoooo CUTE! The eye make & this hairstyle omg.
    Had no idea about such events existing maybe because I've been single for a decade lol Enjoy them for me TvT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑) I'm glad I could make you giggle~ And thank you so muchhh (TuT) also that hairstyle is like my go to lol! I do it a lot even outside of gal looks.
      - Amiman♥

      Delete