Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Summer Gets (we pre-game 'round here, ok?)

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Summer Gets (we pre-game 'round here, ok?)

Hello Beach Babes~

     I understand Summer hasn't officially started yet.  However, it's blazing where I am, so it might as well be Summer. 。゚( ゚^∀^゚)゚。 So I wanted to share a few things I've purchased for the upcoming season.

     Okay hear me out, y'all know how d.i.a incorporates dangling back jewelry with their halter tops?  That's what I thought of when I saw this, however I've never seen it done with a dress.  Aaaand it's a butterfly~  I couldn't pass this up!  It's a perfect color for Summer too!

     The vision I had when I saw this dress in the store, omg.  I recalled a particular photo of Yun during her Egg days.  At the time I convinced myself it was so similar to the dress she wore.  So of course I couldn't leave this on the racks either.  Here's a close up of the design / pattern.  It's wild but I LOVE it!
     Just so you guys can see what I was envisioning, here's Yun's photo.

     Well at least I got the color right? (-ω-、)  My memory of this photo was really off (lmao).  However the silhouette is about the same so it's good enough for me.  Plus it's still a pretty dress!  The store I bought this from had a bunch of different designs, so I grabbed two.

     I spotted this dress first actually.  The design is so chaotic but I couldn't stop looking at it!  Also both dresses have rhinestones on the bust part.  I think it's the bling, the animal prints, and vibrant colors that makes the Gal in me scream (lol).  Here's a close up of this print~
     I really don't know what possessed me while I was in Florida, but I gravitated towards a lot of "gaudy" pieces.  Like who thinks to put camouflage and floral print together, AND manage to make it cute?

     Guys I cannot wait to do the look I have planned for that last dress!  I hope it turns out the way I want.  I'm so ready for Summer!  Aren't you?

I almost forgot!

     I finally got around to buying the skincare collection I wanted.  A few months ago I had a Tatcha facial cleanser and moisturizer, but they were just samples (and the full sizes are far too expensive).  But I knew I really wanted to give Juvia's Skin a try!  This is the sister brand of Juvia's Place.  Their makeup is usually amazing and well priced, so why not give their skincare a chance?  Everything can be purchased separately or you can buy bundles.  I got this bundle for $85, I don't think that's too shabby.  Within my bundle I have:  a cleansing balm, gel cleanser, serum & cream.  I've only been using the products for two days now, so I will let you know how I feel later on.


     On the topic of skincare and makeup, I have a few things to say about products I mentioned not too long ago.
     I decided to open the Urban Decay one first.  I've used it three, maybe four, times so far and I believe I keep having a reaction to it.  My eyelids have been swollen the next day on two of those occasions.  Soooo I think I will throw it away (μ_μ).  I'll let you all know how the Tarte one works out.

     The IT cosmetics cream didn't really do anything for me.  It's such a small packet so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  The Aquaphor lip balm is so good!  It really heals lips quickly, they feel and look more hydrated.  The Egyptian musk is everything I hoped for (lol).  I 've loved this scent since I was a child and this roll on lasts all day on my skin!  The Coach Dreams perfume was a flop for me.  I took it with me to Miami and wore it a few times and realized it's just not me.  I ended up giving it to my sister. 

     The latest things I bought were more cosmetics.  I browsed through Tjmaxx's makeup section and found these~

     HOW CUTE IS THIS?!  The palette is by Kara Beauty   The colors of this palette are just ugh, marvelous!  Left side is "free spirit", filled with earthy and blue tones~  And "wild heart" is chock-full of pinks and plums~  So many glitter shades in this palette, I gasped when I opened it in the store (lmao).  
     And as a Gal you can never have too many eyeliners!  I saw this two pack and scooped it up immediately when I realized one has a pointed tip and the other is angled.  I feel the angled ones help me tremendously with creating my undereye shape.  And pointed tips are best for the top lid and wings.

     I've never heard of either brand before, but I'm giddy to try both!  I'll come back to let you about these when I return with news about Juvia's Skin!

     What are you guys doing in preparation for Summer?  Got any planned coords or makeup looks you want to try?  Tell me I'm not the only weirdo that plans coords for a season before it arrives . . . ^^;

xoxo, Amiman ♥

3 comments:

  1. The cosmetics look so good!!!! I love brilliant colors too. The back jewelry on tank tops is a pretty touch I like a lot. Keep thinking of DIY something but always forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to create some amazing makeup looks! I haven't tested the quality of the eyeshadows yet (ノ_ヽ) I'm anxious lol. And oh I completely understand thinking of DIY projects and eventually forgetting them or putting it on hold. I do it all the time lol I'm still trying to get around to making those d.i.a denim leg warmers! *sigh* one day~~~
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete