Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Face Masks Just Might Be the Best Makeup Hack

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Face Masks Just Might Be the Best Makeup Hack

Hellooo Cuties~ 

     This might be an odd blog post but, it's a topic that's been on my mind for a hot minute.  Bear with me here.  I'm going as far as to say that face masks are probably the best trick in the gyaru game.
ʕ •̀ o •́ ʔ


     All jokes aside though, I'm quite serious.  No time for fancy makeup?  Keep it simple with the eyemake and toss on a mask.  You can cut your routine time in half!  Want to focus more on your hair?  Go ahead!  


     Don't think Manba, Yamanba, or Banbas can work their magic even with a mask?  THINK AGAIN!  Most of the more dramatic styles rely more on eyes anyway.  And only the bridge of your nose stripe will matter so who cares if makeup never stays on the tip of your nose; no one will see it!  If you're like me and have an oily nose, the mask is a life saver!


     Gyaru makeup differs from normal makeup because of the eyes.  Eyes are a major part of gyaru makeup, so now it gets its time to shine!  Maybe this is the practice time you needed!  Sometimes following behind today's typical full face makeup routine can be both overwhelming and exhausting.  So lets focus on those eyes~  

(I tried to make her match my current hair lol)


     I've only worn a full face of makeup with a face mask once so far.  It didn't bother me at all.  I was worried about smudging or transferring onto the mask but that didn't happen either!  I'm planning to do "half make" moving forward (if masks are involved that is).

     For reference, my "Super Gals" look I did a few weeks ago, was "half make".  I only used foundation under my eyes and on my nose, as well as some concealer.  I generously applied blush and did my eyes normally.  Topped everything off with lashes, setting spray and I was ready to go!

d( ˙▿˙ )

     What do you think of this idea?  Have you ever considered simplifying your makeup in order to wear a face mask mess-free?  Tell me what you think!
~ Love you x Amiman ~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I never thought of it this way! I mean I do miss my full face look but it does cut down getting ready significantly! Also what setting spray would you recommend? I was told it was a lifesaver but am looking around for a decent one xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ( ゚o⌒) The thought came to me one day and I thought "my God, this is the best thing!" lol

      And hmm for me I really enjoyed Urban Decay's De-slick, but I've recently turned to Morphe's Continuous Setting mist out of curiosity. Both are good! I just ran out of setting spray this month so I'm going to repurchase Morphe and see if it's still good for me; since it's summer, the humidity is the perfect test! lol xD

      What I'll say is, with UD's spray, during the summer I'd sweat a ton even if I sprayed my face . . however the makeup remained untouched. Like perfect after hours but the fact that I was visibly glossy with sweat made me seek out a new spray. So far Morphe has been good. But I can only be sure once I test it in this insane humidity.
      - Amiman♥

      Delete