Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: The 90s Called . . . They Want Their Outfit Back 👀

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

The 90s Called . . . They Want Their Outfit Back 👀


Hello Cuties!

     Recently, I had the pleasure of attending a 90's throwback birthday party!  It was at night after a long day at work, so I tried my best to look presentable (lol).  I thought long and hard about my fave 90's fashion trends.  Studied my closet and concluded a hip hop inspired look would be easiest.

     I knew for sure I'd be wearing my baggy cargo jeans.  My task then was to see what I'd pair with them.  Men's fashion was really hot in the hip hop world, for everyone.  Meaning it was common to see women sporting low, baggy jeans with boxers and briefs too.  This "tomboy" look flourished at the time.  But my favorite version of this look is when they added sexy aspects like bikini tops.  For inspiration, I looked to icons like Aaliyah and TLC.


      For finishing touches, I took details like the bandana and the black paint strip.  And lastly, I used my all time favorite 90's fashion trend : the jersey.


     I loved jersey fashion!!  Do you know how many jersey dresses I owned?!  Also I love how this trend hit every crowd.

𓆩🖤𓆪
𓆩 𝔯𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𓆪

jersey . . . (literally a bts jersey I got in Cali)
bikini . . . Rainbow shops
jeans . . . 3.6.5
shoes . . . Fila
fannypack . . . Rainbow shops
accessories . . . Rainbow, offbrand

𓆩🖤𓆪

     Wish I had taken pictures of everyone because their outfits were so perfect!!  I got lots of compliments on mine, but I was blown away by others.  I wish I could've done one of those crazy 90s hairstyles (lol).

     The birthday girl, Bee had a really cute setup!  Lots of photo opportunities for her guests, which I loved.  She even had a 360 cam with an airbrushed background!  The area near the cake is where I visited most heheh.  Not just for snacks, but for the props too ꉂ (´∀`)ʱªʱªʱª.


     Can you tell I tried to douse myself in body glitter??  It's hard to see, and I put so much!  But anywho, I had the lovely Stephanie as my party date~  She rocked it with her butterfly clips, denim overalls and flannel around her waist.

     We joked and played all evening because she thought the photographer was cute~  He kept finding us throughout the party!  I can't count how many times I ended up in front his camera lens (lmao)!  
     But I'm happy he was able to capture so many shots of us having fun.  (I won't include them all though, the post would be too long.)  I think this was when one of my favorite songs played (lol).  Bee had a great DJ at the party.  Maybe a little too good, because I never stopped dancing!  When Tootsie Roll came on, I almost broke my neck running to the dance floor (lmaooo).


     Here's us guarding the bathroom door for Bee while she did her obligatory outfit change.  (Like obvi she's the birthday girl, she's gonna have an outfit change~)  Someone was in the bathroom she needed so we had to use the men's which had no doorknob >▽<  hence why I'm literally blocking the door.

In front the airbrush backdrop~  


     Posing with my fellow coworkers that really nailed the throwback look!  I mean hello?? Look at that brick cell phone!  I love these guys, they are a riot!  I had too much fun dancing around with them.

𓆩🖤𓆪

     Speaking of peeps that are a riot, I reunited with my Pizza Fam!  The girlies that I miss so dearly from my old job.  We met up for dinner one day (again after I left work, so I'm bare faced).  I've just been so busy, but it meant the world to me to share drinks and food with them.


     After weeks on end of just working, it's refreshing to spend time with friends.
𓆩🖤𓆪

𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔪 𝔤𝔢𝔱𝔰
     Finally got the last pieces of my aliexpress haul.  I'm really digging duck nails, don't come for me!  Also no one told me I basically bought 3 similar pairs (つω⊂* ) . . .
     I wanted to try them all really quickly just to see how they'd look.  I thought I'd love the first pair most, but instead of the Playboy bunny that they advertised, they just stuck some random bunny charm on.  (¬、¬)  The white and pink set ended up being my faves.

     Ah yes!  Behold the Twilight x Colourpop collection!!!  I have no shame (lol).
Glitter body oil in "Like Diamonds"✨
*click to see hi-def image

The palette (´▽`ʃƪ)♡ the picture of Edward and Bella in the field just brings me so much joy~

     The strangest range of shades for lip products (lol).  I ended up only keeping the red shade "Bells".  I gifted the "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" lip oils.
Also gifted both of these highlighters. . . 
aaand the eyeliners too (lol)
     Got some essentials.  Trying out this resetting spf mist so I can keep my face protected even when I'm wearing makeup!  I've tried it maybe 2 times so far.  It has a citrus scent to me.
     Forever21 got me with this one.  Our store hasn't had a functioning dressing room for months?  A year maybe?  So I just had to bite the bullet on this clearance dress.  Which was final sale btw . . . I'm going to have to lose some weight to wear this comfortably next fall / winter.


𓆩🖤𓆪

     Guysss, we're 2 posts away from being up to date!  I cannot wait to write these next two, something major has begun!

4 comments:

  1. You finally got the Twilight stuff??? omg!!! Aaaah~ nostalgia, crazy nostalgia~~~
    About posting Aaliyah as a reference, always remembering her <3
    What can I say? You give me so much life though your posts with your outings TvT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw really~? (*´▽`*) That makes me happy to hear~

      And ikr! So much sparkle in this collection!! And honestly lots of nostalgia in this post ♡
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  2. 90s party!!!! That looks like so much fun! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed! Now I need someone to do an early 2000s party, the music selection is going to be AWESOME! lol xD
      - Amiman♥

      Delete