Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: New Boom: ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ Gyaru! ๐Ÿ’Ž

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

New Boom: ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ Gyaru! ๐Ÿ’Ž


     Hello Cuties~  I am tickled to be writing this post.  I don't think I've ever written a "new boom" post before.  This recent trip woke something up inside of me.  And it wasn't until after the trip did I notice my newest boom!   ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ (Celebrity) Gyaru!  I kept telling Prince I felt a rich heiress or like a celebrity during our trip.  He chuckled at it, but I was serious  ( เฒ __เฒ ).  I want this to be the rest of my life (lol).  Why not be in your own world where you're the IT girl celebrity?


     So, what is Celebrity Gyaru?  As Dani so graciously put it :  Celebrity gyaru back then emulated the style of famous female celebrities like Paris Hilton, Christina Aguilera, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears . . . Celebrity Gyaru was not just a style, but also a lifestyle (ohnoesdani).

     As she explained it, ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ gyaru could go two different routes, old school or modern.  When the style first came about, it emulated stars of that time (early 2000's).  Now, ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ gyaru can pull inspiration from figures of today; whether it be Western or Japanese.  


     So what's the vibe?  "Brands . . . focus on being gaudy and more casual than higher-end brands and couture items. These can range from sweatsuits (Juicy Couture) all the way to short shorts and… that’s right, I’m going thereapple bottom jeans (boots with the fur [with the fur!])

     For modern ใ‚ปใƒฌใƒ–ใƒผ in Japan, styles and brands are picked up from ex-Gals that have their own brands (like Rady).  As for the Western world, I'd say it's more of the luxury brands (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Burberry, Dior, etc.).


What's my vibe?  

bling accessories, chain belts,
oversized sunglasses, silky dresses,
slip dresses, cowboy hats, LV,
Juicy Couture, Playmate, fur (faux),
platforms, mini skirts, lowrise jeans, tracksuits
cutout dresses, bikini tops, belly rings
velour, animal print, butterflies



     I prefer a mixture of 90's - 2000's idols and celebrities of today.  You might be wondering "who are my inspirations"? 
ส• •̀ ฯ‰ •́ ส”

๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ต ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ถ
     Sis is not afraid of color!!!  I aspire to make bolder choices in makeup and hair for one.  And secondly, it's her wild and sexy style~



๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“—๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ท

     I mean, she said it best:  Tracksuits are so cute and comfortable.  Mini skirts~  Skirts should be the size of a belt; life's short, take risks.  Pink. (period)You should always dress like a princess.  If you do, you'll be treated like one.  Rhinestones, there's no such thing as too many rhinestones.  No crop top is too cropped, and belly rings are so hot.  (Plus) Low waist jeans~  And last but not least, 2000's always look like they're having fun!


๐“ข๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ฒ

     You might know where I'm going with this one (lol).  She's the life of the party, definitely follows the gyaru model of be wild and get sexy.  But most importantly, the iconic fuzzy leg warmers!  I remember buying these and being called Snooki on many occasions (lmao)!



๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท

     Megan is a constant reminder that this is my "hot girl summer" and to act accordingly.

  Also seeing a black woman my age in the life of luxury, it's inspiring.  I just want to be her 。๏พŸ(TใƒฎT)๏พŸ。. And I know what you're thinking, "Megan's style is just today's trends".  Typically I'm not super into today's trends, but I'm so obsessed with Megan that when I see her wearing some things, I want them too!  (✧ฯ‰✧)


     Some honorable idol mentions :  Tiffany Pollard aka New York, "Nanny" Fran Fine


     It's not just about the visuals (though they're important), I want to live the part as well.  I want to pamper myself and live up to those childhood dreams of being ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ.


     Well honey-bunnies, what do you think?  I think this suits me well and I can't wait to showcase some looks for you guys!  Thanks for reading guys! 

xoxo Amiman



๐“‡๐‘’๐’ป๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ : 

https://ohnoesdani.com/2020/04/13/guide-%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%83%96%E3%83%BCgyaru/

https://ohnoesdani.com/2020/02/17/%e3%82%bb%e3%83%ac%e3%83%96gal-then-and-now/







6 comments:

  1. I am screaming. I absolutely adored 90s/2000s styles. IMO they are the last decades we saw where fashion was unique, fun and wasn't afraid to push the limit. Nowadays clothing is so boring. But I am super excited for you to see this new style on you!
    I'm also super happy that you mentioned all these kick ass women. I loved them all. Also...please please find a Bootylicious belt. I don't think I ever saw that and it looks amazing!!!!
    SO HYPED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG i actually saw this bootylicious belt on aliexpress I should've bought it!!! (TAT)~ And I agree with 90s/2000s being the last decades of unique and fun fashion, that's why it's trendy again ┐(‘~` )┌ nothing tops the fashion back then.
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  2. I love your new boom!! I absolutely live for snooki and paris...lets be hoenst. Snooki was kinda gyaru without being gal-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS!! I was hoping no one would be offended by me putting her on the list but. . . sis was totally gyaru with out even knowing lmaooo
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  3. I have a question, so I'm a boy but I want to be a gyaru I know gyaruo is a thing but I don't want to dress masculine I want to dress feminine gyaru can I do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I want to apologize for not seeing this message sooner!)

      And I don't see a problem with that (´-ฯ‰-`) ~ There are models in the Gyaru world (and Japanese fashion in general) that are known for dressing masculine although they identify as women. So if they can do that, it can totally be done the other way as well. Do what makes you happy, if you feel more comfortable in Gyaru go for it! Whether that means just following the substyles and wearing gal clothing brands or wearing Gyaru makeup, do what you want and make it YOU. As long as you're having fun with it, that's what matters. You being Gyaru won't harm anyone ♥ I know the internet world can be intimidating, but the new Gal community is pretty welcoming. We've had trans Gals in the gaijin community and Japanese Gyaru too in the past. And I hope you don't take that as me labeling you. I just want to reassure you that this is not a strange thing, and you are free to explore Gyaru. ❤ (ษ”ห†ะท(ห†⌣ห†c)
      - Amiman♥

      Delete