Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: It's The Little Things

Saturday, September 28, 2024

It's The Little Things

Hello Cuties~

     Did you miss me?  I definitely miss yapping to you guys.  I've been trying to romanticize my life; even the mundane parts.  I was growing tired of the "doom and gloom" vibes I carried.  And with more people pointing out my somber demeanor, I had to find happiness in the small things.

     Prince and I try to find time to see each other outside of our busy work schedules.  So quick dinner outings have been put back in rotation.  We were determined to try Oppa Fried Chicken food truck.  This time they were stationed at Gong Cha tea!  The staff was so sweet and they have a kitty that apparently never leaves now.  Her name is Boba ♥

     We chose two different flavors, soy garlic and spicy Korean!  And a side of fries with kimchi ranch (I'm pretty sure . . . ).  Everything was tasty, hot, fresh out the grease!! 

     I wore Hello Kitty from head to toe for the occasion~  No face since this was after a particularly long and trying shift (lol).
Boba is so tubby, I want to take her home~


     We've been back and forth to Gong Cha a lot since then.  We had the same off day one week and decided to waltz around Magazine street. 

     Somehow I didn't notice this during our last visit.  You can gift a meal to someone in need with a selfie, so I thought why not!
Taro slush w/ boba ♥

     That same day while walking past different boutiques and shops, Prince convinced me to step into a eyewear store.  And I saw this precious baby (இ﹏இ`。).  I believe her name is Meco!


     I think it's the owner's cat and she has been there every time I visit this shop.  But anyway, this store is like nothing I've ever seen!  There are frames from all across the globe, in ANY shade you could dream of.  They even make their own designs sometimes.  I got to talk to the sweetest woman at Art & Eyes, and she let me try on frames to my heart's content.  Y'all know I love me some bling!  I was mesmerized by this one case with frames by Francis Klein.  I think I'm in love with this designer~  They're handmade in France and cost quite the pretty penny.  But!  Prince said I should spoil myself (as if I don't already).  Having horrible vision isn't so bad when you get to pick frames like these!

     The frames I picked are from the Paris Sensational line.  And they are GORG!  Leopard print and chunky rhinestones, what more could a Gal ask for?

     They were ready in a week and we were able to make another day-date of Magazine street.  We started with brunch at Biscuits & Buns On Banks.  It was pretty good (so good I forgot to take pics lol).  But this mural next to our table was amazing.

     For my non-local readers, this is a famous hip hop group from New Orleans painted into the style of a Louisiana Hot Sauce bottle.  

♡ ~ ~ Rundown ~ ~ ♡
jacket . . . Ma*rs
dress . . . Rainbow shops
shoes . . . Skechers
bag . . . thrifted

     Quick outfit of the day shot in TJMaxx while I did some retail therapy.  Prince got called into a virtual meeting which was perfect so I could shop around for a while.  And then onto Art & Eyes to pick up my glasses!

New frames, New woman! 😘



My gets from TJMaxx and Ulta~
  • headband and wristlet set (so I can be bougie while doing my skincare)
  • bow claw clips
  • ginseng essence water - beauty of Joseon
  • Halloween claw clips!!
  • vitamin c facial cream - lookATME
  • eyeliner pen & mascara - unicat
  • mighty patches
  • moondust eyeshadow - urban decay "space cowboy"
  • star patches - truly
  • sunscreen - vacation
  • lychee rose perfume - nest
     Lychee is becoming a fave note now.  Like if it has lychee in it, I NEED it.  Clearly a very sweet scent.  Reminds me a bit of Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera.

     While in TJMaxx, I got really sucked into that skincare section.  I posted a story on instagram of a different essence product and a lot of people responded that snail mucin is very good for the skin.  SO I decided to go back to the store a few days later for the Cosrx products.  But of course I ended up with other items too (lol).


  • cute animal / flower pimple patches!
  • all in one cream - cosrx
  • snail mucin essence - cosrx
  • Hello Kitty Halloween pens!!!
     I'm waiting until I finish up the ginseng essence water before I open up the Cosrx products.  I don't want to over do it with my skin by using too many new items at once.  Even after returning the Byoma toner, my skin is still angry.  (¬、¬)  Hence why I've bought so much skincare related things.  The ginseng essence water seems to have made some changes.  Slow, but it's good progress.


     Something else I've found joy in, is catching up with my girlfriends over dinner!  I hadn't seen them since March!  We had lots to catch up on like Kelsey's upcoming wedding and my engagement.  We hit up the restaurant Monday, on a Monday evening.  

Spec Gang Gang


     I went back to Monday with my better half, again on a Monday (lol). 



Other random "treat runs" I've had that elicit fond memories and smiles.
     I remember this ube snoball with condensed milk was sooo good!  I can't remember if I talked about them here before, but what makes Chance in Hell Snoballs unique is that their flavors are all handmade. They use fresh items to create their flavors.  It's always a good time there.

     Didn't take a pic of my boba but here's me, all smiles, next to Tiger Sugar's mascot.  💕 ( •̥́ ᦷ •̀ )

     At this point I had been using the ginseng essence water twice a day and adding collagen to my hot teas.  My skin was practically glowing here!! (Aside from one big bump under the surface on my chin . . . )  

     Any-who~  Glad I got all of that off my mind so I can move on to the really exciting activities I've been up to! 
See you next post!
xoxo, Amiman ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment