Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Boss Level Gyaru (•̀ᴗ•́ )و

Monday, March 11, 2024

Boss Level Gyaru (•̀ᴗ•́ )و


     Egg ® briefly did videos making the models choose which side they stand on.  I thought this topic in particular would be fun to discuss on the blog.  The question roughly translates to "What maintenance is required (every month) for Gal?"  The choices are hair salon or nails?

     Personally, I pick hair.  And maybe that's just because I do like to change my hair a lot.  It's still ingrained in me that if my hair doesn't look nice, then I don't look nice.


     Erika said it best!  "Hair . . . I can't serve if it's gross 💅".  And I'm paraphrasing from a weird translation but, sis meant that exactly (lol).  How can I serve looks if my hair is not up to par?  (Side note : I LOVE her blue chunky highlight hair!)  Out of 7, 6 gals picked hair!  Momoa stood alone when choosing nails.

Her shocked face sent me rolling!


    I don't tend to focus on my nails at all to be honest.  Although I am trying to get more into having my nails done.  I do think nails are a higher expense to keep up with monthly.  (It does depend on what you're getting done though ....in both hair and nails.)  One of the models stated "you can do (gal) without nails" and I remember someone saying "these are press ons".  And I think that's the route I'm about to take.  I tested something out recently, and I think it may become my new norm.

     While I do agree with the "you can do gal without nails" statement, I want to feel like a 'full' gal.  When you have your nails, hair and makeup done up regularly, it's like you've reached the final form of gal.  Boss level Gyaru, if you will.  ٩̋(๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)hhhh


So where do you stand on this debate?


6 comments:

  1. As a Lolita rather than a Gyaru, I would also vote hair for Gyaru must-have! Hair makes a bigger statement I think. And if you are doing some more subtle nails, it's easy enough to do at home with a gel kit, traditional polish, or press-ons! There are so many gorgeous press-ons nowadays, though I haven't found a single set that can stick to the strange shape of my nail beds for long 😿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I forgot about your nail issue ( ._. )"" . Filing the bottom of the nails doesn't help? Or is it more of a bubbling problem?

      And huuu we know the answer for Lolita is hair too lol for sure! And you made a valid point, some nail styles are easy enough to do at home now. Diy projects are so big right now (because the prices of services and product have gone insanely high lmao). So many diy videos are circulating on tiktok and instagram. I love that for us!
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  2. Gosh, this is a tough one. Maybe hair as there are some hair sets that are so time consuming!
    Cute blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And I feel you on that answer, for some substyles, they take hairstyles seriously! And although the styles are time consuming, they take pride in their intricate hair sets. (More props to them, because I can only imagine how much they cost AND how long it takes lol).
      - Amiman♥

      Delete
  3. I'd definitely pick hair salon too, as a bleach blonde I think maintenance is super important because once you get to a certain point root growth just looks .....eugh. I'm not as focused on nails as I maybe should be but as an angeleek lover I see them with bare nails and think yeah I'm okay. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Another good point! A lot of them dye their hair and I know that maintenance is serious lol. And I love that you said that, sometimes I spot that too and I think "ok maybe I'm not doing so bad" lol! I do that with hairstyles too tho because even though i think hair is more important...I'm not too experienced with styling my hair. However I am trying to up my game in both departments! ૮ ˶•~•˶ ა
      - Amiman♥

      Delete