Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: Papillon Vol 2: A Gal's Guide to Gyaru 🦋

Friday, June 12, 2020

Papillon Vol 2: A Gal's Guide to Gyaru 🦋

Hello Cuties!

     Do you like the new Papillon blog banner?  I finally got around to making a nicer one~  I'll use this one for future Papillon related posts.  This week is a big one because volume 2 has officially dropped on Papillon's website!  (link)


     This issue is a very important one because its focus is on the basics of Gyaru.  The Papillon team's intention was to create something for people that are new to Gyaru.  Sort of a guide on how to find your look, style, and learn the basics of what makes a substyle unique.  



     Volume 2 is bursting at the seams with inspiring coordinates, makeup tutorials, hair-styling, tips, stories, quizzes, you name it!  All adding up to a whopping 114 pages!  I'm SO proud of the Papillon team .  I hope they can work out the kinks and make this available in print!  It would make the perfect addition to my magazine collection.


     Might sound random but I am LOVING the collage theme!  Looks like it's straight out of egg magazine!  Very nostalgic and just down right adorable.  I love finding the hilarious pics of people making ridiculous faces (lol).
。゚(T▽T)゚。

     I don't want to spoil too much, but I do want to share some of my favorite pages!


     Making a timeline for the history of Gyaru styles was genius.  Really cool to see the visual differences happen over the years.  By the way, the artwork in this volume was phenomenal!  I'd love to have this on my wall.


     I want to support Dededo's shop!!! She and Lea looked super cute in those hoodies.   Their friendship is so precious~  Just look at that drawing!  I've been digging Dededo's art since she started posting them on instagram.


     Kaylen is a goddess, need I say more?!   (ɔˆз(ˆ⌣ˆc)


     All of the Gyarusa's look amazing!  I wish I were closer to at least one of them (T T).  It's lonely in Louisiana (lmao).



And then there's little 'ol me.  (*μ_μ)  lol


     I've received a lot of compliments from the community.  And I'll be honest, I was pretty worried about my photos this go around.  What I did was very different from my usual style.  I went a lot more casual for one.  Secondly, my makeup was very basic.  And thirdly, with the timing of my photoshoot, I sported my natural hair this time.  I've been told my spread gives very chill vibes, and is effortlessly Gal, and I greatly appreciate it!

     Personally I feel my makeup style has changed since March when I took these photos.  I really hope I get the chance to appear in the next issue and show my growth!  


     Please give it a read if you haven't already.  You can find this volume and the previous magazines on Papillon's website.  You can even view it on mobile with a life-like flip through program!  Lets support the gaijin community so that they move to print this magazine in the future!
~ Love you x Amiman ~

No comments:

Post a Comment