Light Purple Pointer Ami in Gyaruland: J-fashion trends I wish were here *¨*•.¸꒰๑ ᷄ω ᷅ ꒱

Saturday, August 12, 2017

J-fashion trends I wish were here *¨*•.¸꒰๑ ᷄ω ᷅ ꒱

Hello Cuties~
The idea sparked in my head to make a post
about Japanese fashion trends that I would love to
see here in my hometown.
Hair / Undercut art
What I would give to see hair like this in New Orleans more often~
Especially something as vibrant and unique as
Haruka Kurebayashi's hairstyles!
My friend Kelsey loves to dye her hair in vibrant colors,
maybe one day she'll shave a cool design in her hair~
Now undercut design art has been pretty trendy on social media.
But apart from social media "insiders" pages, I haven't seen
the trend on the streets here.
And even if I were to spot some hair art like this
it would most likely be on men and not women
┐( ˘_˘)┌
which is pretty unfortunate to me.  I'd love to see
this on girls, or just more quite frankly lol
(c'mon people shave crazy things in your hair pls
I would but I'm not allowed)
 Genderless kawaii style
Petition for more room and acceptance for gender fluid
individuals and their fashion!
How can you be sad when seeing people like
genderless kei's star: Ryucheru
Instant mood booster.
"If I think 'that's kawaii', then it's kawaii, so I'll wear it.
I don't care about the rest." ♥
Bouncing off of some of the things said in the video like:
"I get jealous of girls. . .They can wear both trousers and skirts,
without being told off for wearing boy's clothes"
and
"Whenever boys wear ladies' clothes, people say 'gross'"
You have to detach the idea of certain clothes belonging to a
certain gender.  Clothes are clothes, colors are colors.
I wish for others to spread this idea and not let it just be
a "trend".
 Oversized / wide leg clothes & Platforms
No, noo~ we don't have to go that far back and rock
the super tall platform boots (˵¯̴͒ꇴ¯̴͒˵)
Although, it's still a great look to me.
Platform shoes are just thrown in so casually in Japan.
And perhaps platform shoes are more common elsewhere.
But personally speaking, I can count how many times I've
seen someone wearing platform shoes in public, on ONE hand!
 In my casual wear, comfort is key.  So I really like the
oversized clothes look!  At the moment I only own tops and
outerwear, but I really want some loose fitted adidas pants.
"I rather stand out and be different"
as they said in the video. 

Please don't misunderstand me, New Orleans is quite
the colorful and unique place.
I see eye-catching, unique fashion on the streets, but not
as much as I'd like to.  My own friends are a part of those
individuals I see expressing their styles on the streets.

Majority of the styles and trends that I see are repetitive
and tame.  Some trends / styles are rare to see out here.
Especially the experimental styles of other countries.
┐(‘~`;)┌

What fashion trends do you wish would
take over your city?
~ Love you!! x Amiman ~

No comments:

Post a Comment